Over the past twelve months, I’ve been doing lots of interesting stuff, and I haven’t really had time to recap… before now 🙂 I’ve been participating in the Kubernetes open source community, which has been really fun, been attending upper secondary school, been travelling to the US for the first time, been playing soccer, and been learning […]
Hi, I'm Lucas Käldström! I'm passionate about everything cloud-native, like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Docker and Rook.I'm a Kubernetes maintainer (since April 2016) and CNCF Ambassador (since July 2017) on my spare time, and I'm contributing a lot of hours and passion to the CNCF & Kubernetes communities.
I started Kubernetes on ARM in September 2015 as the first fully-working solution to run Kubernetes on Raspberry Pi's and other ARM boards. That paved the way for me into the awesome Kubernetes community, and now I've been contributing to Kubernetes since then as it has been a lot of fun for me.
I helped port Kubernetes to multiple platforms, get Minikube off the ground, and have been active in SIG Cluster Lifecycle since its creation July 2016, mainly working on kubeadm. I'm a Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and Linux Foundation Certified Sysadmin (LFCS).
I'm driving my own tech company in the cloud native area called luxas labs, which has been performing Kubernetes upstream contracting work for Weaveworks during 2017.
As a CNCF Ambassador, I've given a couple of talks in various places:
- Intel and ARM, let Kubernetes rule them all!
- Autoscaling a Multi-Platform Kubernetes Cluster Built with kubeadm
- Intro to the cloud-native world of Kubernetes
- Kubernetes' Architecture Fundamentals
- University College London, 18.10.2017
- SIG Cluster Lifecycle Update, with Robert Bailey, Google
- kubeadm Cluster Creation Internals: From Self-Hosting to Upgradability and HA